Saturday 20 January 2018

Challenge Accepted ... using Beautiful You

At Coffee and Cards, I was given the opportunity to try out the new Stampin' Blends. I have to to admit to being sceptical but they are amazing!


The ink just glides so beautifully over the paper and as usual, the colours are designed to match the corresponding card stock.

No automatic alt text available.

Susan, who runs the Coffee and Card group gave all attendees a challenge to create a card with the image we had coloured in. The winner is to receive the 2 colours they used to colour in the image.


Not one to run away from a challenge I set about coming up with a design I was happy with. I also decided to challenge myself by using DSP. I've gradually built up a collection over the last few months but really don't use it as often as I could or should.


I chose to use Pool Party, one of my favourite colours. So next on the list I had to find coordinating DSP. Luckily Foxy Friends includes PooL Party, alongside Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate and the banner design was just perfect.


I double mounted the stitched shape with my image, adding a band of ribbon and stamped sentiment. Then I die cut You and added it at an angle


Three balloons completed the front. As usual, I stamped the inside of the card and the envelope for a more finished look. I think it really does make a difference. I know I always open card with decorated envelopes first.




No comments:

Post a Comment