Saturday 12 August 2017

A Little Wild Part 2

Hello, the other week I promised I would show the second card I made at Coffee and Cards run by Susan, Craftyduckydoodah, featuring the A Little Wild bundle. The card we made is based on the card featured in the photo on the right. However, whilst the base card was coloured, we included a layer of white as well for a lighter, brighter effect.


The cute little lion was stamped onto a white circle from the Stitched Shape Framelit dies and coloured with, shhhh, Promarkers.


 I'm hoping you can see the design behind the mounted circle; it isn't embossed but is one of the dies from the A Little Wild bundle, cut 5 times and stuck onto the card. I also used the Mini Sequin Trim in gold for a little sparkle. I'll let you into a little secret; instead of using one long piece of trim and hiding so much behind the circle, it's actually 2 much smaller pieces. Well it's too nice not to see!


As usual the design was stamped inside the card and also on the envelope for a fully cohesive look. It's the finishing touches that make all the difference I think.





2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the project Bev - you did a great job! I like how you offset the white die cuts for the background too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They deserved to be seen, rather than almost hidden away. White on white almost looks like embossing, loved the idea.

      Delete