Thursday 10 August 2017

A Little Wild Afternoon

Hello, if you have read my blog before you'll know that I often go to a Coffee and Card session one afternoon a week that's run by Susan, aka Craftyduckydoodah. We used the new A Little Wild bundle; it's so cute. You get the front and back of the animals and the dies keep them joined so you can make up tags. Have a look to see what I mean. Of course if you want to separate them as we did a quick snip with the scissors soon sorts that.


As always, we were given a choice of colours to use for the first card which featured an elephant. This card tends to be the simpler of the two, designed to ease any newcomers or non crafters in; it is very often slightly smaller, being a handy notecard size.


I chose to be different to the rest of the group and used the new DSP in Powder Pink as I thought it would make a great baby card for a girl. Isn't it sweet?

I stuck the DSP onto the card and then used one of the circle Stitched Shapes Framelits to create the aperture. With the card closed I then stuck the patterned circle that was cut out onto the inside of the card. It helps to have the card closed so you can line up the pattern and place  it in exactly the right position.

The elephant was coloured, die cut and snipped apart.  I carefully stuck the back of the body down first to make sure he was at least straight and stamped some grass underneath for grounding. The head was attached to the front If I made this type of card again in landscape style, I would have the fold at the side. There is a reason for this, as the back of the elephant looks upside down when you open the card. I like to think he was so excited that he was caught mid cartwheel!

When I got home I had an idea of how to step up the card just a little bit. It's pretty as it is but I just wanted to add a little more to it. So, I decided that maybe the elephant could hold a couple of balloons on a string. I also added a generic sentiment so this could be for a little girl's birthday or a new baby card. Which do you prefer?

I added clear Wink of Stella to the raised balloon for added sparkle after the photo had been taken.

I did make a second project, using the lion which will be featured in another blog post at a later date.






No comments:

Post a Comment