Tuesday 25 July 2017

Christmas in July

That really does seem a tad strange for a title doesn't it. At Stampin' Up though they have given us a teaser of things to come; there is a new stamp set available for demonstrators and anyone choosing to sign up in July. We're also eagerly anticipating the Autumn/Winter catalogue so that we can pre-order in August to create lots of gorgeous things for you prior to general release on 1st September.


I've chosen to use the Star of Light set that I'm so pleased has been carried over to the Annual catalogue this year. I love this set, apart from the obvious Xmas cards and goodies, I've used it to create fireworks and also a little magic - the flourish was perfect for my Harry Potter inspired cards!

 I cut the largest square in the Stitched Shape Framelit set in Whisper White. I then stamped my sentiment so I knew where to place my star die from the Star of Light set. This square was then mounted onto Pool Party and I cut a border using my Perfect Layers ruler. I know they aren't Stampin' Up, however there are some things I can't manage without and this is one of them, alongside my precision press for accurate stamping.


Using Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, I cut some stars, they really do sparkle. It's such a shame they don't show up too well . A quick tip; when die cutting Glimmer Paper, cut on the reverse.


These star die cuts were placed over the aperture using a mini dimensional with a rhinestone placed in the centre. This helps cover the fixing but I think adds a little more bling to such a simple card.

To make the box; 

Cut an 11" x 4⅝" piece of cardstock.
Score - on the long side at 3⅜", 4", 7 ⅜" and 8" 
and on the short side - ⅝" and 4"
Trim as shown in the photo.


The box before sticking. This time I chose to use velcro dots to close the flap which was shaped using an edgelits die.


 I also added a hint of white card behind the lid so that I could stick down my fancy star. Being a (sometimes) frugal crafter, I didn't want to use more of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper as most of it would be hidden but I did want that effect. Then I had an idea, Before sticking the Whisper White card down, I ran some glue along the edge and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamond Stampin' Glitter. The same result... You can also see a hint of the heat embossing on the front too.


I think I already know the recipient for this little box of cards; the colours will match her lounge perfectly!




No comments:

Post a Comment